Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Whimsical Baby Shower

My best friend just had a big baby shower the other day and all of us girls and her incredibly talented mother pulled some fun ideas together that I thought I would share. Some of these ideas would work great for any kind of party.

We (Kimberly Lais, Amanda Romero, Ricky Lais, Isabelle Johnson, Nicole Johnson, I) all worked together to make paper party pom poms. I attached them to the kitchen light fixture. We added some delicate butterflies and it created a whimsical and colorful glowing centerpiece.  It's incredibly inexpensive and makes a statement. You could do a lot with this idea!
 Below is the light fixture in the process of getting covered with the pom poms. If you do this, make sure your light fixture is using low energy light bulbs so that the paper doesn't catch fire.

 
Here is a tutorial on how to make these adorable paper poms. They also look fantastic hanging from different heights from the ceiling by fishing line.

The mother-to-be's mom, Isabelle, and I hung vintage baby clothes that were in the family on a clothesline with vintage clothes pins.  We also put the mother-to-be's baby shoes on a pedestal to showcase them.


Here is a cute snack idea! The popcorn bags were made by Isabelle Johnson. And they are placed in my chalkboard ice bucket.
There was a lavish and very delicious sweet feast.

 
We added Easter colored twinkle lights wrapped with tulle to add sparkle and softness.

Below are some adorable desserts that fit the theme of the event.
Desert cakepops by Isabelle Johnson.
Here is a fantastic site that has a ton of cakepop recipes.

The Mother-to-be's aunt, Janet Dodge, made these cute rubber ducky cookies.
A fantastic addition to any event is this fruit salsa I made. It works great as an appetizer or desert and is served with cinnamon pita chips.
Here is the recipe for the fruit salsa. It can be altered to have any kind of fruit in it. I also like to add a dash of cinnamon and I garnish it with a sprig of mint.

Below is the burlap print and frame I made for my dear friend.
Even the chairs in the backyard fit into the theme of the party!

Below is a fantastic centerpiece and gift idea. This is a diaper cake made by Isabelle Johnson.
Here is a great site that can teach you to make this along with baby clothes bouquets.



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. How sweet! Got you from Tracey's blog. I love those pink chairs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Glad you found my site! I can't wait to check out your blog!! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I love the theme of your baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...