Saturday, June 11, 2011

From Blah to a Beautiful Bar

See the updated beverage bar here.
My girlfriend was recently getting rid of a table and was kind enough to give it to me!  I just LOVE free!!  Since I entertain a lot I decided I wanted to create a beverage bar.  I want to be able to reuse it as an island  if I need to in the future so, I kept it pretty simple.  I still need to add a bottle opener to it and am thinking about adding some awesome antique metal wheels.
I decided to paint it with a beautiful white spray paint called Heirloom White.  It actually matches my FREE kitchen table perfectly!  I roughed up the edges with sandpaper to antique it and added crystal knobs.  The larger knobs look much better and add some glam to it.  I topped it with my cafe chalkboard and all the necessities for a fabulous evening ;)  I added straws, limes, a ton of mason jars for cocktails, wine, cork storage, ice scoops, my chalkboard ice and beverage bucket etc.  This can be used as an Italian soda bar, or a coffee bar.  I am sure I will use it for all of the above.
Before
After
 Here are the roughed up edges
 I got this awesome victorian looking hand clip and clipped a towel on it to help with spills.



I think I'm gonna have to sit and enjoy a glass of wine :)


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. GREAT makeover! LOVE your style....the mixing of all kids....looks personal, classic and timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks gorgeous! love the knobs... what is totally catching my eye is that awesome chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cassie, so much for your sweet comments! I adore your blog as well, what fantastic taste you I have. I have a tutorial for the chalkboard on my page.....everyone NEEDS a chalkboard :) Have a blessed day!!
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I initially left a comment I seem to have clicked the -Notify me
    when new comments are added- checkbox and now
    whenever a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment.
    There has to be an easy method you can remove me from that service?
    Thanks!

    Stop by my page ... Web Site designer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure where you originally commented.. Let me know where it is and I will remove it. Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Hi Molly, it's Christine from Little Brags again...I love this chalk board and frame. I was wondering if I could ask you another question. I know you have blogged about a product you use on frames called "Rub it on". Did you use that product on this frame as well? If so would you mind giving me the name of the color? I am working on creating a little gallery wall in my house and I just love this picture for inspiration...xoxoxxo
    christinevandorm@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...