Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Yummy Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Recipe


Happy Wednesday everyone! As the days are getting cooler I love to warm up with some cozy and delicious recipes. I wanted to share a fantastic Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal recipe from another blogger Tiffany at thegraciouspantry.com.The festive flavor will summon feelings of nostalgia that will excite your family with thoughts of the holidays to come. Create this quick yet special breakfast that will fill your loved ones up with the holiday spirit that makes this time of year so magical. Tiffany at The Gracious Pantry has some incredible and very healthy recipes.

Ingredients
1 cup dry oats, cooked
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
4 egg whites for protein (optional)
1/4 cup pecans per serving (I love using the candied pecans)
Maple syrup to taste 

Directions
Step 1 – Cook the oats according to package directions.
Step 2 – In the last 5 minutes of cooking (just take a guess, the oats should basically be pretty much done cooking), quickly stir in the eggs, being sure to stir vigorously so they get well-distributed. Then, stir in the pumpkin purée and pumpkin spice.
Step 3 – Put some oats in a bowl and top with pecans and maple syrup.

I love to add:
- A splash of cream and vanilla
- A Tbs. of brown sugar per serving

You must go and check out her blog. Now get to cookin'! Throw it in a beautiful bowl, light a candle, play jazz or classical music and get your family's morning started out right!




2 comments:

  1. What a yummy recipe! I love oatmeal, so I will have to try this one out! :) Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend!


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    P.S. I am hosting my first giveaway on my blog, and would love for you to come join if you are interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes try it! It's soooooooo good! I will definitely sign up for your giveaway! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...