Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Little Loft ~ Living and Dining Room Reveal


I have been working my fanny off (although it doesn't look like it's any smaller because I have been balancing out my exercise with truffles and wine), getting my place set up here in the United States. I am living in a loft that has been converted into an apartment and it is finally feeling like home! I was hoping to achieve a Parisian apartment look that was eclectic, classic, relaxed, comfortable and elegant all at the same time. This look is European, eclectic, expat-chic!

 I think the thing that I am enjoying most about designing this space is watching my European treasures and antiques take on a different look and feel than they had in my old German barn. While I desperately miss that barn, things do feel fresher and brighter with all the sunlight I get in this loft, My whole barn had a total of 3 small windows (although the kitchen had some lovely french doors)!!! Eventually, my super awesome landlord is considering putting in faux old beams! Soon, it will have the old world character and charm that I adore and yearn for so much! 

 Here is a quick look at what my loft looked like before. As you can see there was originally a half wall on the left and we turned it into a full wall and added some bead-board. 

 While the neon beer signs are super adorable and charming, I decided to ditch them this time around ;)

 And here is my loft now!

It is the perfect size for Penny and me and there is plenty of room for entertaining!




 My charcoal grey chairs make a nice divider between the two rooms and help create a quaint little conversational area. 

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know I can't go without a mantle or fireplace in my home. I think it makes a room instantly warm, cozy and a romantic looking, even if it's not a working one. I hung my old kitchen rug over my mantle and I love the pop of color it adds to my otherwise very neutral room. I antiqued a mirror so it had an old smoked look to it and placed it behind my mantle so it will reflect the flickering flame from my candles. 

I am slowly converting my French Louis armoire into an espresso bar. I will also be showing you how I am doing that and how I have also hidden a little fridge in my apartment so it doesn't take away from the design. 

Pages from a couple 160 year old Parisian books that were falling apart, make the perfect art when placed behind glass. 


I used some letters that I discovered (that were exchanged between two lovers) in my French armoire as art in my dining room. 

 The rest of my incredibly old Parisian books in an old dough bowl make up the centerpiece for my dining table.

I am sure excited to have this main room finished so I can start having guests over for coffee and or cocktails! Here is a picture my girlfriend, Haley took last week. 

The fluff angel and I are tired from all this setting up and unpacking, but there are still more rooms to be done! 

Until next time! Tchüss!


24 comments:

  1. We love it!
    We love how beautiful you are inside and out and how beautiful you can make things, inside and out:)
    We love you, Miss Molly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I love and miss you guys terribly!!

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness Molly could that be the same place from the before pictures? it's wonderful and cozy, I love it! that armoire is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I treasure that armoire and feel so lucky that I got to snag one before I left! Thank you for your sweet words!!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful space and definitely does look very European! Where did you get your two gray wingback chairs? Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melanie!! I purchased the chairs for a total deal at Cost Plus World Market! You should definitely check them out! Thank you again for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  4. It's just perfect!! ..and the armoire is still my favorite piece :) Hope you're happy there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do really enjoy being in my cozy little apartment :) So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  5. Oh Molly you have truly out done yourself! Everything looks amazing girl. I love how you placed a mirror in the mantel opening. I could spend days just looking at all of your goodies from overseas. You are truly one talented chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pamela and thank you for your continued encouragement and support! You are awesome!!!

      Delete
  6. Dear Molly, I love what you do and how the apartment turned out. You are so talented. Since I'm German, I was kind of sad when you left my country, but it's nice that you took such precious memories with you. Keep on blogging!

    Tschüss und bis bald!

    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo!! I am so sad that I left Germany as well.... more sad than I can even express. I may move back one day! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! It made my day!

      Delete
  7. Your space is amazing. Cozy and comfy looking yet oh so stylish at the same time. I love the diy artwork you've used. Make things much more interesting I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin! I so appreciate your sweet compliment! I will have a DIY coming for that soon! xo

      Delete
  8. Welcome home! Your new place looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! So glad to see your face pop up! I hope you are so well! Hugs!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mo! I appreciate you stopping by and sharing such kind words!

      Delete
  10. Beautifully done, doesn't even resemble the same space as before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly- you're place is just darling!! Glad to see you are getting settled in your new home, will be following you along the way. Best of luck!! :o)
    Xo- Kelsey

    P.s. Where did you find your armoire? I'm in LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Everything turned amazing and the rooms are so cozy and beautiful! can't wait to see other rooms :)

    House cleaning Greenwich

    ReplyDelete
  13. Molly, looks awesome! I was just thinking about espresso bar idea - it sounds awesome but I wouldn't use that piece. We have had several espresso machines, ranging from manuals to super-autos and all of them will spill water and grounds, no matter what! All that water could really damage your beautiful treasures from your time in Europe. I love what you've done with a white blank slate - so lovely. Welcome back to America!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your blog is very powerfull to me. We have hope that u can keep up the good job. Will u please take a look at our page also?
    Wallpaper Designs

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...