Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fruit Crate Night Stands And Side Tables

I desperately needed nightstands. We went hunting with a budget of $10 to purchase both.  Lucky us, we found these lovely old old fruit crates at a salvage yard! I saw at a friends house where they re-purposed these as side tables and thought it was brilliant. The best part was they were only $5.00 each! We took an old piece of fence, which happened to match them perfectly, cut it down and added it as a shelf. I absolutely love the charm of them, and the rustic old wood is a nice contrast to the fresh white and silk bedding and some of the more contemporary pieces in our room. I also fancy the vintage print on the sides and the green chippy paint. I can't wait to see what else I can do with fruit crates! 

Here is the crate before I got my hands on it. Look at the beautiful green chippy paint!
And here is after!


I just Love the print!!!

Linking up to:
 

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. K I feel like a jerk cause I'm just now checking out your blog! You are so stinking amazing!! I use my fruit crates as bedside tables too ;) But didn't even think to add a shelf. I'm so doing that! Love ya gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey gorgeous! You are the friend I was talking about in this blog that I got the idea from! I just love it! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and check it out! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!!! What kinds of salvage yards do you go to? I've never been to one and wouldn't know where to look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm hopping on over from My Uncommon Slice of Surburbia, and am just LOVING your low cost repurposed projects!!! What an inspiration...I am your newest follower! Can't wait to read some more!


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by Jessie! I am so happy to have you :) I am excited to look at your blog too! Have a beautiful day!
    -molly b

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there Aleyta! I go to one in Fairfield, Ca it's of Mankas Corner. That one is very hit or miss but has a giant yard sale at the end of every month. Berkley has two fabulous architectural salvage shops called Omega and Omega II. I have heard that Roseville, Rocklin, and Eldorodo Hills have fantastic Goodwills. The best Goodwills and thrift shops to go to are in the cities where people have a lot of money and frequently are re-doing their home and closets. Hope this helps! Have a blessed day!
    -molly b

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous find! The styling is just perfect. Thanks for linking up with DIY Under $5, I will be featuring on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate you hosting the linky party! Have a gorgeous day!

      Delete
  8. mau untung banyak tanpa kerja?
    solusinya yaitu zeusbola!
    dengan deposit minimal Rp 50.000 kamu sudah bisa menjadi member kami dan bisa bermain berbagai banyak jenis game dengan 1 user id saja
    ???keuntungannya tidak main main???
    lansung gas untuk daftar ya bosquww

    terdapat beberapa jenis bank lokal yang bisa digunakan bermain di
    zeusbola seperti :






    UNTUK INFORMASI LEBIH LANJUT SILAHKAN HUBUNGI KAMI DI:
    WHATSAPP : +62 822-7710-4607
    FACEBOOK : @zeusbolame
    LINE : zeusbola
    INSTAGRAM : zeusbola.official

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing such great information. If you are looking side tables online so you can buy from Gulmohar Lane collection. They provide affordable price.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...