Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Thrown Together Autumn Tablescape

Hello hello! I hope you all are enjoying the last week of calmness before the holidays come! We had family over for dinner and we decided I should probably throw some things on the table to make it look a little more festive. Once again....These were all things I had and it took about 20 minutes to put together.

The flowers were an inexpensive autumn bouquet from the local grocery store and I placed them in my goodwill wine bucket. The chargers are fantastic and come in gold, red and silver and are from the 99 cent store! The smokey brown glasses were also from the 99 cent store! I love cheap cheap cheap!


 I was inspired by my friend Courtney's tablescape (you have to check out his blog Courtney Out Loud, he is incredibly talented) which had beautiful pheasant salt and pepper shakers. I remembered I had a pheasant statue in my stash from Zgallerie and it added bold color to the table. Pheasant feathers would have also been a great addition if you want to add a different element to your tablescape. Thanks Courtney!


I needed placecard holders so I snagged some champagne corks from my collection and slit a line in the top to put the placecards in. Around the center of the wine bucket is bright moss (my other personal fav), metallic apples and pumpkins.
The candlesticks were a few dollars from Homegoods and the little green glass votives were a dollar each from Michael's. Since there is a lot of metallic going on I wanted the table to be a bit more casual. I placed vintage linen from a thrift shop in the center of the plate to add vintage charm and softness. If my table wasn't so small I would have added a menu to the place setting but didn't want to over crowd it.
 

Above is a fantastic table chart that is a wonderful etiquette reference when entertaining. It is from another great blog called sugar and charm. Check it out!!
I hope you are all having a fabulous day!! And please send me pictures of your fall tablescapes, I would love to see what you come up with!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Your table is beautiful Molly!!! I make my design boards on Olioboard. I love it and it's addicting!!! Love you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea! I really appreciate it! We must get together soon and brainstorm and talk design, you are so talented and wonderful! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...