Friday, November 11, 2011

Natural Glam

Howdy everyone, Happy Veterans Day! Thank you to all the troops and the families that sacrifice so much for our freedoms!!!!!! After much-needed time off, I am back on the blogging scene. I have worked on so many projects this last month and I can't wait to write about them!
As you all know, I just love antlers, faux furs, and natural elements, but I love them glammed up! Throughout my designs I show you different ways to add nature...all jazzed up...to a space. Places like ZGallerie, and Homegoods have all different kinds of metal and acrylic antlers and animal heads that will add a traditional look with a contemporary twist (aka transitional). I wanted to show you some of the things that I have, that were purchased from ZGallerie and Homegoods.
This awesome faux moose antler my brother and sister in-law got us makes a fantastic chip or fruit bowl and also looks great on its own. It has a lodge look with clean lines. I can't wait to use it with my Christmas decor.
This beautiful gazelle head was purchased from Homegoods for only $29! Similar ones at the larger design stores range from $50-$200! Always check Ross, Marshall's, and Homegoods before blowing your budget on designer items. I popped it in the middle of a fantastic Ikea frame (which I will be writing a blog on the zillions of ways to use this frame) to make it a larger arrangement. This is hanging over our t.v. stand which is a project I will be revealing soon!  This gazelle head will also look rad with my Christmas decor, I am thinking of maybe placing a wreath around its neck. You can also purchase real antlers for very inexpensive off of eBay and Craigslist and spray paint them like the antlers I used to display jewelry to get the same effect.

I found this gorgeous silver shell that I bought several years ago for a few bucks from Marshalls that has the same natural glam effect.
Do you all have unique and glamorous ways of using natural items? I would love to see your ideas if you have any!
While Penny naps, I am going to make myself a cup of peppermint tea and get to work! Have a fabulous Friday!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...