Thursday, January 31, 2013

Duck Egg Blue Kitchen Table Transformation

To see an updated kitchen tour, click here!

I have been madly running around our barn, half dressed with coffee spilled down my sweatshirt and furniture wax on my face, trying to add finishing touches to our home. The funny thing is, my home will NEVER be done...EVER and I like it that way. It shows that I am growing and will be constantly building our home. Our home will be a place where we collect all the beautiful memories from our adventures around the world.Your home should reflect your favorite moments.
We wanted our kitchen to be a reminder of one of our favorite cafes in Colmar, France, and we have made some changes to remind us of that wonderful, beautiful place.
Below is a picture of what I am still trying to forget...

 We acquired this lovely kitchen set from one of my very best friends who got it as a hand-me-down and wanted to get rid of it. I wish I had picture of it with the green, stained, plaid chair covers, but that was from B.B. (before blogging). Over the years I have changed them quite a bit, most recently by painting my own fabric to make covers that you can see here. This dining set, has been through a lot and traveled a lot... A year ago, one of the chairs broke and we have been "carefully" sitting on that chair so it doesn't snap. Yeah, that got old quick. I decided I wanted a more "collected" look and was going to get rid of the broken chair and mix in some mismatched chairs that I already had and paint the table Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue (my favorite color). I love how it turned out!

The best part is, it reminds us of the blue and red color scheme from the Theater Cafe in France! The cafe totally has the look we were going for, eclectic, vintage, rustic, mismatched, glamorous, and industrial.

Painting the table blue drew out the duck egg blue in our red and blue rug seen in the image below! This rug also ties in the red fireplace we have in the kitchen (which I can't change because this is a rental). I have added little pops of red and blue all over the kitchen to make it an official color scheme... I still have accents of the other colors in the rug, but red and duck egg blue are the main colors.




I distressed the table so that wear and tear would only add more character...distressed table-tops are a great solution if you have kids...husbands...friends... It technically can't be ruined.




I even painted the door in our niche to go with the table! 


All we need now are some zinc letters or a marquee light up sign. Oh yes, and also a butchers block from France that I have been eyeing (it is the same as one I saw in Napa as a little girl, and always wanted). Have you ever met a little girl who drooled over a butchers block? Yup... that about sums me up.


Linking up to:
   

29 comments:

  1. Love Duck Egg Blue! Your table and door look great! And yes, you have married a cutie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa! I love following the changes you have been making on your home! I hope you are enjoying your new year!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful redo Molly! Your colors are so pretty, I just adore your blog :)

    xo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tanya! You made my day with your sweet comment! :) I hope you are enjoying your new year! xo

      Delete
  3. Molly, the table turned out beautifully! I am also loving this shade of blue, and would love to incorporate it more in my home, I just need to tone down the red I have going everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kristel! This shade of blue is so amazing and it looks lovely with red! You could totally do it in your gorgeous home! Hope you are having a beautiful day my dear! xo

      Delete
  4. love it! can I tell you how much I love that color. so much, in fact, that were going to be ordering more chickens for egg laying, and I'm getting some that lay pretty blue and green eggs, just because I like the color.I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!! I love colored eggs! Take loads of pretty pretty pictures of them! I can get those eggs in France and want to use them in my spring decor! I hope you are well my beautiful friend! xox

      Delete
  5. Molly, your table looks so pretty and is a good change for the room. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Lynn! I really appreciate your sweet compliment! I hope you are having a very blessed day!

      Delete
  6. This looks gorgeous! I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm your newest follower ;)
    Jamie ~ Better With Age

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jamie! I am so happy to have you here!! I hope you are having a lovely day! xo

      Delete
    2. Also, as soon as I get to my computer I going to follow your totally gorgeous blog! Xo

      Delete
    3. Also, as soon as I get to my computer I going to follow your totally gorgeous blog! Xo

      Delete
  7. Your dining area is gorgeous! Not only do I love your table transformation, but I'm drooling over the wooden beams and chandelier. Love the combination of "rough" and sparkly. Oh - and your husband is hot. lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! And yes, he is such a hottie! have a gorgeous day! xo

      Delete
  8. I love this...I need to refinish my table at home. my boyfriend was putting the kitchen table together after we moved and put the screws in from the underside of the table and the screws came all the way through splitting part of the wood. I would like to sand it down and repaint it..can you give me tips on what color you painted the table and the chairs? and what are some good fabric sites?

    thanks for help in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! What a bummer about the screws!! The color I painted in this table is Annie Sloan, "Duck Egg Blue" and I used both the light and the dark wax. The chairs are done in antique white by Annie Sloan. I love the fabrics on Etsy and also Fabric.com. I hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  9. Great Post, thanks for sharing your tips with us some great information has been detailed here. The clarity in your post is simply spectacular and I can assume you’re an expert on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://justserved.onthetable.us/2018/06/tour-parisien.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Info in the blog is out of this world, I so want to read more.
    plastic furniture

    ReplyDelete
  13. A blend mind and crucial words. Exactly what I was scanning for.
    best-egg-chairs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read your blog and I really like Your blog Thanks For sharing with us SuperfineLifestyle.com is the home decor Online store in the USA. We offer online home decor products like -
    buy home decor accessories, bedding sets online, Bed Sheets Online, buy pillows Online, buy throws, latest furniture, designer wall decoration

    ReplyDelete
  15. On the off chance that you as of now have wooden floors introduced at home, search for scratches and be set up for some resurfacing. Wooden floors are exceptionally attractive, regardless of whether they are old and worn. Give them a little lift-up to make them progressively alluring and engaging.
    NYC Carpet Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. Check it out

    ReplyDelete
  17. Below you will understand what is important, the idea provides one of the links with an exciting site: Best Air Fryer with Rotisserie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...