Monday, May 27, 2013

Insanely Delish Homemade Brown Sugar


Well, howdy there! I hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day weekend as much as I am! I have been up to loads of fun projects! What about you?
Something I really enjoy is Balsamic glaze... It is so yummy on EVERYTHING! Seriously you guys...I think I may be addicted. Anyway, yesterday I went to make some yummy, thick, and sweet balsamic glaze and to my surprise, we were out of one of the two ingredients I needed to make it...brown sugar. Since everything is closed on Sundays here in Germany, and we live pretty far from base, I decided to make my own. It is waaaaaaaaay better than the store bought junk. I am pretty sure I will never buy brown sugar again (unless I am feeling lazy that is). The homemade version is just too darn delicious!



Yup folks...It's really that easy. Go make some right now, you'll need it for the balsamic glaze recipe coming up! Also, How incredible will this sugar taste in Oatmeal, Baked goods, homemade BBQ sauce   and in a zillion other types of foods?!?! Yum.

Before I leave to work on some more fantastical projects, what do you think of my tea cup scoops?? I LOVE them. They are just vintage tea cups that measure 
8 oz. exactly... I think they are darling!

 Happy Memorial Day! And DON'T forget all those who gave their lives for our precious freedoms! xo







3 comments:

  1. love this! will have to try to make on my own....and love that photo of you and your hubby! happy memorial day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last month in Florida I went to a diner owned and run by local Amish (I think they are technically ex-amish who have left their original communities and created their own...) and they had amazing, home made brown sugar. I was obsessed and even got some in my doggie bag. So I'm excited to try out this recipe for myself!!!

    xo
    Kara
    www.thebostonista.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...